Currently, the majority of natural actives used in cosmetic or nutraceutical formulations are imported to Europe, while a great diversity of resources is present in North-West Europe. A large amount of residues in covered areas, known for their arboriculture and viticulture sectors, are not fully exploited for the sourcing of natural actives and are not used.
The aim of the AgriWasteValue project is to transform agricultural residues from the European North-West regions into bioactive compounds in order to use them in key industrial sectors such as the cosmetic and nutraceutical fields and then in a second phase in the energy, chemical and agricultural fields.
The agricultural residues, biomass that will be used for this project come essentially from: vine pruning, fruit tree pruning, bark, buds…
- 2.15 – 2.50 pm – Results of the AgriWasteValue project – halfway through
– Presentation of the Interreg NWE programme and of AgriWasteValue, Clémence ROTOLO, European projects officer, AgroParisTech
– Biomass from orchards and vineyards : from extraction raw material to fertilizers, Cor VAN OERS, Manager, Delphy & Pierre-Louis BOMBECK, Wood-energy project manager, ValBiom
– Recovery and enzymatic modification of bioactive metabolites from agricultural residues using green technologies : methodologies and processes, Sébastien CAJOT, Celabor
– Bio-based chemicals and energy from agro-residues, Patrick BALLMANN, Biotechnology & Microbiology, PFI
– Agro-residues for feeding the Green Economy : framework conditions and implications, Elia RUIZ, EPFL
- 2.50 – 3.00 pm – Q&A session
- 3.00 – 3.20 pm – Why & how to develop premium beauty & health ingredients from waste & biomass – Christian GOMBERT, Actives Sourcing Innovation Manager, SEPPIC
- 3.20 – 3.30 pm – Q&A session
- 3.30 – 3.50 pm – Cosmetic sector : the place of plants and naturalness, Speaker to be confirmed, Cosmetic Valley
- 3.50 – 4.15 pm – Q&A session
Workshop « AgriWasteValue : what challenges and opportunities for the nutraceutical sector ? »
(This workshop will be held in French)
In line of AgriWasteValue mid-term event and the results to date of the project, experts from the nutraceutical sector will enhance discussions with complementary perspectives (marketing, scientific, regulatory…).
The objective will also be to exchange on the interest and expectations of the actors of the nutraceutical sector about biosourcing.
- 10.15 – 10.45 am – Regulatory and marketing overview, Claire GUIGNIER & Elodie VEYRET, Synadiet
- 10.45 – 10.55 am – Q&A session
- 10.55 – 11.15 am – The potential of AgriWasteValue extracts for the nutraceutical sector, Job TCHOUMTCHOUA, Celabor
- 11.15 – 11.25 am – Q&A session
- 11.25 – 11.45 am – Open discussion with the speakers and other participants on the expectations of the actors of the nutraceutical sector about biosourcing